|Guidelines For Payment Through Bank|
From 1st January 2011, the Consular Section will implement the new mode of payment to replace the previous payment in cash. If the application is accepted by the Consular Section after 1st January 2011, you are kindly requested to make the payment through the bank before collection. Please read the following guidelines before making the payment.
1. Where To Pay
The Embassy designates three branches of Commercial Bank of Africa(CBA) as the recipient:Upper Hill;Wabera and Mama Ngina. The applicants may go to any one of them to make the payment. Locations are as follows;
Mara&Ragati Roads, Upper Hill Tel.2884000/2734555
Wabera&Standard Streets, City Centre Tel.3254000/2228881-9
International House Mama Ngina Street, City Centre Tel.2228802/66/67
2. When To Pay
With effect from 1st January 2011, the consular section is open from Monday to Friday 9:00 a.m.-11:00 a.m(Subject to change in case of public holidays. Payment should be made before collection within the working hours of the above-mentioned three CBA branches (Usually open from Monday to Friday 8:30 a.m.-4:00 p.m., Saturday 9:00 a.m.-12:30 p.m., subject to changes when it is holiday).
The consular section will no longer accept payment in cash. All applicants are required to make payment through the bank before collection, in order to avoid delay of the travel plan.
3. Procedure of Payment
Step 1. When the application is accepted, you will be given a the pickup form which specifies the amount to be paid, the pickup number and the date of collection.
Step 2. Present the pickup form to a cashier of the bank, and you will be given a deposit slip in which the account name and number have already been fixed. Please fill the deposit slip with the amount to be paid and the pickup number shown on the pickup form carefully. After filling, please check whether the amount of money in the deposit slip is the same as that in the pickup form. (Please pay attention that one deposit slip can only be filled with one pickup form number. ) Please make sure that you fill the correct pickup form number to avoid unnecessary trouble for collection.
Step 3. Submit both the pickup form and the filled deposit slip to the cashier and make the payment by cash in ksh. In case of any problem, please contact the bank immediately.
Step 4. After receiving the money, the cashier will endorse a stamp on the second form of the deposit slip, and return both the second form of the deposit slip and the pickup form to you.
Step 5. On the date of collection, please come to the Consular hall of the Embassy, present both the second form of the deposit slip and the pickup form to the officer at the counter. The visa or other document will be issued after confirmation of the correct payment.
4. Special Attention
(1) Except making the payment to the above-designated branches, other modalities of payment are not be acceptable.
(2) The deposit slip and the pickup form are the credential for collection and should be carefully kept by the applicant. In case of being lost, please follow the below steps:
----If the pickup form is lost before the payment, the applicant should come to the Consular hall of the Embassy in person with his/her ID card (original and photo copy of the card) and the lost record from the Police Station to apply for reissuance. The officer of the Embassy will check the required documents and provide the <Notification for Payment>, which has the similar effect with the pickup form. The applicant can present the <Notification for Payment> to the bank and make the payment by following the earlier steps. You are specially reminded that the application for reissuance can only be dealt with within the working hours of the Consular section,which may lead to the delayed collection and the consequence will be born by the applicant.
----If the pickup form and the deposit slip are lost after payment, the applicant should come to the Consular hall of the Embassy in person with his/her ID card (original and photo copy of the card) and the lost record from the Police Station on the date of collection to get the visa or other documents.
(3) Once the pickup form has been provided to the applicant, the amount of money is fixed and can not be changed anymore, therefore, any requirement that leads to change of the amount of money, including requirement for changing the date of pickup or the type of visa, will not be accepted by the Consular Section of the Embassy. You are kindly reminded to fill the application form in a cautious way before submission to avoid any mistake leading to delay of your departure.
(4) If the pickup form has been provided and the payment has been made, then the applicant requests for cancellation of the application, the amount of payment will not be refunded.
(5) After making the payment, if you find that the amount of money that has been paid is less than that shown in the pickup form, please go to the bank and fill another deposit slip with the amount of variance and the same pickup number, and follow the same step of payment. When collection, please present the pickup form and the two pieces of deposit slip to the officer. Once issued, all the contents in both pickup form and <Notification for Payment> are not allowed to alter, please make the payment strictly according to the amount of money written in the pikup form or <Notification for Payment>, otherwise the varience will not be refunded, nor the pikup date be changed.
Any inconvenience caused is highly regretted.