Temporary document requirement for L visa application by Kenyan citizens will be on trial from 1st July to 31st December, 2019.The temporary document requirement is as follows:
Temporary Document Requirement for L Visa Application
by Kenyan Citizens
(applies from 1st July 2019 to 31st December 2019)
1. Basic documents
Original passport with at least six months of remaining validity and with two blank adjacent pages for the visa, a photocopy of the passport's data page and the photo page( if it is separate from the data page).
(2) Online Visa Application and Appointment for Visa Application Submission
All visa applicants (including diplomatic and official passport holders, not including Hong Kong and Macao visa applicants) need to visit http://www.visaforchina.org and fill in the application form online. When completing the applicants need to print and sign the form, and print the Confirmation Page of Online Visa Application.
Visa applicants with ordinary passport should visit http://www.visaforchina.org to make an appointment for submission and bring the printed and signed application form, together with other related documents to the Chinese Visa Application Center in Nairobi. Applicants with diplomatic or official passport or members of important government delegation do not need to make an appointment and can submit the application directly to the Chinese Embassy in Kenya.
A recently-taken colour passport photo (bare-head, full face) against a light background (should be attached when fill in the online application form).
(4) Photocopy of previous Chinese passports or previous Chinese visas (applicable to those who were Chinese citizens and have obtained foreign citizenship).
Those who apply for a Chinese visa for the first time, should provide their previous Chinese passport and a photocopy of its data page.
Those who have obtained Chinese visas ever before and wish to apply for a Chinese visa with a renewed foreign passport that does not contain any Chinese visa, should present the photocopy of the previous passport's data page and the photo page( if it is separate from the data page), as well as the previous Chinese visa page (If the name on the current passport differs from that on the previous one, an official document stating the name change must be submitted).
(1) An invitation letter from a travel agency in China, a copy of the travel agency's business license and a travel itinerary.
The invitation letter must carry the following information:
applicant's name (the same as on passport), date of birth and passport number.
name of the inviting Chinese travel agency, telephone number, address, seal and signature of the legal representative of the Chinese travel agency.
(2) Pre-paid hotel booking (with applicant's name, date for check-in and check-out, hotel's name, address and contacts).
(3) Applicants who are planning their first trip to China need to submit: employment proof (with the applicant's name same as on passport, passport number and date of birth, position/title, the employer's name, address, contacts, signature of the director/manager). If the applicant works for a company or an individual business,a copy of the business registration certificate and the legal representative's ID of the employer must be submitted.
※The employment proof can be exempted for the following applicants if the corresponding documents are submitted:
a) [unemployed spouse] marriage certificate and employment proof of the applicant's spouse.
b) [retiree, freelancer and unemployed applicants] police clearance certificate certified by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Kenya,and bank statement (account balance not less than 500 thousands Kenyan shillings, of 3 months at least) notarized by a Kenyan notary public.
c) [applicants under 18 years old] birth certificate and declaration of his legal guardians' written consent to apply for Chinese visa. The legal guardians need to designate in writing an accompanying adult as the applicant's guardian during their stay in China (if the applicant doesn't go to China with his legal guardians). The designated accompanying guardian should apply for Chinese visa together with the minor applicant or provide the photocopy of a valid Chinese visa.
3. Please be noted:
(1) If necessary, the consular officer may require the applicant to provide other supplementary materials, or require an interview.
(2) The consular officer will decide whether or not to issue a visa and decide on the visa validity, duration of stay in China and number of entries based on the specific assessment of each application .